UPDATE: This listing is now closed.
The Sheep’s Meow is seeking motivated and multidisciplinary interns for Spring 2018.
Candidates must have an interest in developing casual games for mobile web, be available to participate in onsite meetings (Bloomfield, New Jersey), online meetings, and commit to a total of 100+ hours over the course of the semester.
This unpaid internship is for current students who need course credit, experience in the field, mentorship, and career development towards entering the job market.
- Participate in development of small mobile games from start to finish
- Learn the iterative design process through practical application, including rapid prototyping, running playtests, and giving and receiving criticism
- Are properly credited on any projects that they work on
The ideal candidate has:
- Strong organization, communication, and time management skills
- Ability to work independently, collaborate in small interdisciplinary teams, and learn new skills quickly
- Experience in collaborating with tools like Construct, GitHub, Trello, and Slack (or similar)
- Experience creating game assets in Adobe Photoshop or Illustrator (or similar)
Also let us know if you have:
- Familiarity with 2D animation for games
- Familiarity with visual design for games
- Experience in sound design or music composition
- Familiarity with UX / UI design for games
- Experience in Quality Assurance or beta testing
- Fluency in any other language (such as Spanish, Portuguese, French, German, Italian, or other)
- Bonus awarded based on performance. Opportunities to earn a small bonus at the end of the term.
- Mentorship in design and art. Work closely with your mentors to strengthen your skillsets.
- Mentorship in career development. Feedback on your portfolio, résumé, & personal branding.
- Expenses-paid trips to career fairs and expos. Meet and network with professionals at outside events.
- Named credits. Prominent display of your name on the title screen / credits of any games you work on.
To apply, send an email to firstname.lastname@example.org with the following:
- A one-paragraph cover letter in the body of the email, briefly stating what your strengths are
- A link to your online portfolio
- An attached PDF of your résumé
Applications will be accepted on a rolling basis. Candidates may be contacted to schedule an interview beginning December 19. All applications are responded to, and we strongly encourage women and minorities to apply.